Monday, September 14, 2009

Thoughts of a Bully Chef

This is a bit of homework we're required to do for creative writing: Write a monologue about a character that was listed. Personally, I decided to go with a bully who happens to be a great chef as well...Keep in mind that I am purposefully using incorrect grammar and certain idiosyncratic words like 'youse', but I'm sure you already know that.

The Thoughts of a Bully Chef
Yeah, that's right, I'm a chef. Youse got anythin' to say about it? No? Didn't think so, you snot nosed punks...I mean, who's you to judge me, amiright? I work hard, I learn hard in the kitchen, I earn my keep...who's complainin'?

It's kinda the sorta story ya'd find in the news, y'know, all those sad saps and inspirin' stories...They freakin' make me wanna puke. Real life ain't all happy endings. If my life'd been anythin' like them pansies, with their dancing, and their singing, I'd be servin' the freakin' Queen of England! But is anybody gonna invite some big, dumb lookin' gorilla to an interview? Naw, those snobs, theyse goin' for all those cutesy innocent types. It's like one of them Disney movies, eh, Beauty and the Hunchback? I forget.

Buuut maybe I'm takin' it too hard. Not like I need those palookas, right? Guess I got it made. Heck, sure, my school and home life could use some improvin'. Ma's always tellin' me 'get yer act tagether, make somethin' of yerself', but that's old news. Teachers keep tellin' me the same freakin' thing, but so what? Why'd I want anythin' ta change? Crummy folks, think they know everythin'...

I'm top dog at school, and nobody's forgettin' that. About the only place I get some damn respect...until I'm head chef in a few years, of course, then I'm outta this dump. Yeah, the restaurant folk, they treat me alright. I'm just another employee to 'em, and I like it fine.
End

That's it. I hope it was an entertaining read, at the least. It's around 250 words, so I hope it's good enough for homework, and entertaining enough to read and get you thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment